Solar Energy: Helpful Tips For You added 5-8-2018
You may not understand much about solar energy. Most people don’t know about solar energy requires. You should become educated before you decide to go with solar energy. Keep reading to learn all of the information about solar energy.
The amount of energy production is dependent on two things – the number of solar panels as well as the number of solar panels installed. You should figure out how many panels you need. You might be able to get away with having fewer panels so that you can invest in those that really do their job well.
The efficiency of the solar panels you purchase will be dependent on their density. Panels that are denser perform better, but they can generate more power.Be sure and compare densities before making your final choice.
If you want to go solar partially, think about smaller applications. There are a couple of ways you can go about this. You could attach solar panels to your windows so portable electronics can be charged. The other way is to buy camping tools like lanterns and cooking equipment when you camp. Every tiny thing you switch to solar will make your energy bill that much cheaper.
You should also consider a backup power system in the even your solar panels stop functioning. You can use a generator or stay on the power grid.
Think carefully about whether or not solar power is a good choice for your house. There are many factors to think about. Solar energy is a good option for those that live in remote areas where there is no available electrical grid to hook into. It is also a great option if you’re able to pay more money upfront in order to realize savings later.
Most people don’t know how solar energy actually works. You now should know more concerning how you can use solar energy to help you. You should now be more knowledgeable about the benefits of solar energy. When you decide to move forward, remember everything you’ve read here. For help buying or selling Real Estate in Sequim Wa, please contact us.
Why Waterfront Homes Appreciate Better Added 4-5-2018
It’s widely known that waterfront homes appreciate better. But, aside from location, have you ever stopped to think about why that’s so? Well, most people simply believe it’s all about location. However, this isn’t the case. While the location is probably the biggest factor, it’s certainly not the only one.
Why Waterfront Homes Appreciate Better
Waterfront homes appreciate better for a few good reasons. So, let’s take a look at why this happens to get a better understanding of this long-term investment asset. Here’s why waterfront homes appreciate better:
- You’ve probably heard the old cliche that real estate is about three things: location, location, location. That’s completely true because a location is key. Think about it this way, if you could have a dream home built in a nice neighborhood for X dollars with only views of other house and the street or one on the water for the same price, which would you chose? Of course, you’d choose the waterfront property.
- Land availability. About 70 percent of the earth’s surface is water. But, that means that only 30 percent is land. And, only a fraction of that is waterfront. Simply put, the land is scarce so waterfront properties appreciate more rapidly.
- Development cost. When a home is built on the water instead of a landlocked lot, there are more development challenges. Which means it costs more to build a home on the water. Hence, it’s inherently worth more from the time it’s constructed.
Lastly, size and design are also factors. The very fact that a home has such great scenery means it’s built larger and with more creature comforts to maximize its appeal.
Sequim Washington Real Estate Market added 3-2-2018
The Sequim Washington real estate market is a curious but active one. Unlike some other parts of the west coast of the United States, there are some unique factors which play a role in Sequim property values and its residential real estate market dynamics. Located just outside Olympic National Forest to the northwest of Seattle, Sequim is a quiet place to live, with a small population of approximately 28,000 people. Read on to learn a little more about the Sequim real estate market.
Sequim Washington Real Estate Market
The Sequim residential real estate market continues to enjoy a solid and steady upward trajectory. This is great news for current homeowners who have seen their property values increase dramatically over the course of the last year or so. In fact, property values have gone up in Sequim by about 11,5 percent. However, what’s curious is the median list price per square foot remains only a couple of dollars higher than in the entire Port Angeles Metro area.
These facts, not to mention that distressed properties remain a substantial factor in the local Sequim real estate market. Current estimates show this trend slowing little over the course of the next few years. For instance, distressed properties, which are foreclosures and short sales, are well above the national average. But, this also represents a great opportunity for new home buyers who can also take advantage of low, affordable interest rates.
Sequim is best known for its Bay State Park, the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge, and many outdoor recreational options. For help finding Sequim Wa Real Estate please contact us..
Advantages of Living in Sequim Washington added 2-1-2018
Located in Clallam County, Washington, Sequim is one of the best places to call home in the northwest. Situated to the northwest of Seattle, outside Olympic National Park, Sequim boasts some wonderful weather and recreational opportunities. It’s also a quiet place to live, with about 6,900 residents and approximately 28,000 living in the surrounding areas.
Advantages of Living in Sequim Washington
Right along the Dungeness River, Sequim is known for its amazing scenery and laidback way of life. There are several reasons to move to Sequim but it really comes down to the three biggest benefits the town has to offer. Here are the top three advantages to living in Sequim, Washington:
- Very affordable COLA. No, not the fizzy drink in the plastic bottle. COLA or cost of the living average is one great reason to call Sequim home. The cost of living in Sequim attracts many people from California because it’s just a lot less expensive to live here. Utilities cost less here than in other locations along the west coast. Other areas, like Seattle and Los Angeles, are substantially more expensive to live in, compared to Sequim.
- Super weather. Of course, a huge draw about the area is due to the wonderful weather. Sure, it’s a bit cooler than the average temperatures in California and Arizona. But, there are plenty of sunny days and it’s drought free.
- Outdoor freedom. Here in Sequim, the Olympic Peninsula provides all sorts of recreational opportunities. And, because there are many lakes, rivers, bays, and mountains, there is never a shortage of fun things to do.
Cost of Living in Sequim Washington 1-6-2018
The cost of living in Sequim Washington reveals an eclectic mix when compared to the national averages. Located in the northwest quadrant of the Evergreen State, Sequim boasts a small population of just over 6,000. But, it offers a whole lot of charm and it’s just a short way from the Olympic Mountains.
Cost of Living in Sequim Washington
The cost of living in Sequim Washington also shows a few interesting facts. For example, it is over index score is 114, with the national average at 100. This means somethings are slightly more expensive while others fall below the national average.
The cost of utilities in Sequim are below the national average. This means residents pay less month after month. Grocery costs are just a tad above the national cost of living index average, as is health costs and transportation. Housing likewise runs a little more. But, it’s far less than some of the larger cities on the west coast of the country.What’s more Washington State is just one of seven states in the US which does not have a state income tax. Therefore, residents of Sequim and other towns in the Evergreen State keep more of what they earn. What’s more, the cost of living in Sequim is about 6 percent lower than in the rest of the entire state.
Plus, being in such a location means being close to nature. For instance, the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge is just to the north of Sequim. And, Sequim Bay State Park lies right to the east.For help Relocating to Sequim Wa, please contact us.